Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing kde color

--- Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 April 2004 03:45 pm, twig les wrote:
> > Hey all, after years of using Windowmaker I'm trying out KDE
> > again and it seems nice, but it insists on using a dark blue
> as
> > background for a lot of things and I can't figure out where
> > change this.  As an example, the time in the lower-right
> corner
> > right now says 3:44 in black, but the background is in a
> deep
> > blue that makes it extremely difficult to read the black.
> I've
> > been poking around for a long time now and my eyes hurt.
> Please
> > help, it's a matter of life or death.  Well ok, it's not
> *that*
> > important, but the color sucks and I'm getting a headache.
> >
> > =====
> >

> You set most of that in the control center > apearance and
> themes. I use
> kiagara for the background and storm for the color theme.
> Since I have
> setiathome running, I don't use an screenblankers that have
> motion. I
> want the cpu to be used by the seti program.
>
> Kent
>
> --
> Kent Stewart
> Richland, WA
>
> http://users.owt.com/kstewart/index.html

Thnx, but I just figured it out ... kinda.  I think "made it go
away" is a better description.  I got desperate and changed the
resolution in XF86Config to be 800x600 and all the areas that
were that annoying blue (like the url bar in konqueror) were
magically white like the gods meant them to be.  I tinkered
around a bit and have no idea what the problem was.  I basically
set the XF86Config settings to the exact same thing as before
(1024x768, 16 bit color) but also checked the little 800x600 res
box too.  It jumped right up at 1024x768 and no more blue!
Weird.  I'd be more curious if there weren't 1000 other things
demanding my attention.

=====
With a few exceptions, secrecy is deeply incompatible with
democracy and with science.
     --Carl Sagan