Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2012 02:30:59 -0000
From:      "Pegasus Mc Cleaft" <ken@mthelicon.com>
To:        "'_'" <pancakeking79@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: corrupted tar.gz archive - I lost my backups :)/:(

Hi,

	It would depend, I think, on how the file is corrupted.  Is it the
compressed data that is corrupted or the uncompressed tar stream?  You might
want to try the pax(1) utility to see if it is able to push through the
errors (if its in the tar stream).

	I was able to recover data from a corrupted cpio file that I created
(I was using huge file lengths and didn't realize that cpio had a file size
limit).

Peg