Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:16:56 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Recovering from RELENG_5_1 -> RELENG_5.2 world/kernel statfs fubar?

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 05:04:29PM -0500, Andrew J Caines wrote:
[Tale of pain and suffering related to statfs change omitted.]

> How can I dig myself out of this hole so I can installkernel and
> installworld with my shiney new 5.2.1 build?

Download fixit CDs or floppy images for 5.2+ or from
snapshots.jp.freebsd.org and install the included kernel on your hard
drive by hand.  It will work with your halfway installed world.  Use
that to install the correct kernel.  Reboot with that kernel and finish
following the instructions in UPDATING.  Alternatly, you could use any
fixit CD that can read your disks to install the new kernel by hand
(i.e. copying files from /usr/obj).

-- Brooks

--=20

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI