Date:      Wed, 1 Jun 2016 18:36:17 -0300
From:      "rollingbits (Lucas)" <rollingbits@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg regressions and/or missing documentation

Hi.

I've a local package repository which I could access using pkg with the ssh
scheme until the last update. I update the packages once a week. pkg went
from 1.7.2 to 1.8.3 here. The error message is that repository has the
wrong URL scheme. I think there was a regression or missing documentation
in this case.

This update came together with new db6 which required recompilation of
dependant ports. After all finished, svn didn't work because portmaster
"forgot" to follow all the dependency chain of db6. As portmaster wasn't
updated, I think the fault is on another regression of pkg, then.

While on here, I remember that I've to manually edit pkg database some
times and my pkg was never happy if I forgot to recreate all the packages
every time. So these are issues that could be investigated, too. I think
the last one is related to the format of pkg packages.

Last, I think that I've to inform that in this set of problems also have
the fact I discovered that my machines got compromissed. I've a lot of
things to do and will not be able to help much more soon. I wished I've
patches but I don't have.

Thanks for the attention,
Lc

--