Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:40:13 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>, Yana Lehey <yana@lemis.com>
Subject:   Re: Back to school

On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 04:57:45PM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> On Thursday, 28 January 1999 at 17:11:24 +1100, Sue Blake wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 04:22:46PM +1030, Greg Lehey wrote:
> >>
> >> Is there something wrong with me to think that this is more
> >> complicated than `rm file'?
> >
> > I don't know. You decide :-)
> >
> >    * Deleting a file is simple.  Left click on the root window and
> >      choose xterm.
>
> You should have one open if you're using the machine.

Not necessarily. Depends how it's set up and used.

> This is a more detailled level than that of the original.

Quite so. And your 'rm file' was a different level again. If you want a
realistic comparison, the school example could be expressed at the
level that you used, by saying:

    Click on the filename and press the Delete key.

> I can see you're trying to be the devil's advocate here,

Of course :-)

> but it doesn't really fit.

Oh, but it does, it does.

--