Date:      Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:47:20 +0200
From:      Olivier Tharan <olive@oban.frmug.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port submission - did I do this right

[ lines folded -- see http://www.lemis.com/email/email-format.html ]

* James Earl <jamesearl@shaw.ca> (20020815 09:20):
> I'm just wondering if my uuencoded shar file was supposed to show up
> in freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, and if there was something I could have
> done differently?  I just noticed a few other new ports didn't have
> any uuencoded files.

It is ok to Cc: freebsd-ports as everyone will see your submission, but
new port submissions should be sent as shar archives only, they are
readable as text files, so they do not need to be uuencoded.

You should followup to your PR (keep gnats Cc: keeping the PR number in
the Subject: line) with the shar file instead -- this will ensure some
port committer wants to take a look at it!

See the Porter's Handbook, section 2.6 (Submitting the port).

olive
--
What is an Emac, anyway?