Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 19:41:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@phone.net>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9422

Actually:

bash-2.02$ file /usr/ports/pa*
/usr/ports/pa*: can't stat `/usr/ports/pa*': No such file or directory.

But yeah, after I make the directory, "make package" installs it, and
everything else works.

Note that the add_pkg man page doesn't mention /usr/ports at all.

>From what it says, if PKG_PATH isn't set, everything should work right
*anyway*. make package should build in the current directory, and
pkg_add should find the package in the current directory.

	<mike