Date:      02 Apr 2003 15:01:36 -0500
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        David Gerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Crucial USB CompactFlash reader and 4.6.2?

David Gerard <fun@thingy.apana.org.au> writes:

> Just got a Crucial USB CompactFlash reader. I plugged the CF card into it,
> plugged the cable into the reader, and tried to mount it:
>
> $ sudo mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /mnt
> Password:
> msdos: /dev/da0s1: Device not configured
>

> dmesg gives me this:
>
> umass0: USB Mass Storage, rev 1.10/1.13, addr 3
> umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
> umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
> umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
> umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR

I've had good luck with adding a QUIRK for my non-working CF readers. This
requires light kernel hacking. See:
http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/quirks.html

My advice is to try DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE.

If it works for you, submit a PR (assuming it wasn't already done - it's
been a long time since 4.6.2...)

--

  Dan Pelleg