Date:      Fri, 28 Sep 2012 06:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pawel Gogolewski <pawelgpn@yahoo.ca>
To:        "freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org" <freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org>
Subject:   usb wifi N

Dear Sir/Madam=0A=0AIt has been known for some time that bsd-flavours of Un=
ix try hard to be capable of=0Arunning as much hardware as it can be.=0AWha=
t am I interested in is the development stage of atheros wifi drivers for N=
 speed =0AUSB devices.=0AI am using tp link Wn 821 N=C2=A0 and it works fla=
wlessly under Linux.=0A=0ANow, when it comes top Freebsd, I fire up the sys=
tem and under no circumstances =0Acan't the system even recognize the devic=
e.=0AWhat really makes me curious is the fact there's no way of loading the=
 uath driver.=0AKldload responses with information that it is already loade=
d in kernel but =0Akldstat -v gives no clue about it. =0AFurthermore, 'kldl=
oad if_uath.ko' gives an error, namely that of impossibility of =0Aloading =
the given module by hand though 'ls'=C2=A0 recognizes it while listing=0A/b=
oot/kernel directory.=0A=0ASo, the point is I cannot load atheros usb wifi =
module by myself as it already=0Ahas been done during boot but the system c=
annot get the module working as well.=0AI am using regular version 8.3 of F=
reebsd at the moment, but the problem was relevant=0Ato the newer one too.=
=0AI didn't play with the kernel nor did I recompile it.=0AIn addition, "if=
config wlan0 create wlandev uath0" returns always error stating that=0A"can=
not create interface wlan0" or sth. similar in meaning.=0A=0ACan anyone be =
so kind and explain in detail what should I do ?=0A=0AMy ethernet card ( nf=
e0 ) worked always without any flaws but isn't the time=0AFreebsd should mo=
ve to wifi usb hardware more consistently ?=0AAs I said Linux has had the d=
rivers working for some time now.=0A=0AWhat are you waiting for ??=0A=0A=0A=
=0APawe=C5=82 Gogolewski, EU, Poland