Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 12:32:30 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>, Paul Stewart <pstewart@kawartha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Don't bet on 3.0-RELEASE (was: urgent request or help)

On Sunday, 18 October 1998 at  0:18:51 +0100, Karl Pielorz wrote:

> Paul Stewart wrote:
>
>> We just upgraded our main commerical web server to 3.0-RELEASE and
>> everything works like a dream except I can't compile apache-ssl for our
>> secure server... as it's compiling, I get the following from the SSLeahy
>> port...
>
> Not wanting to start fireworks, but if it's your _main_ commercial /
> production box you probably shouln't have done that... If you look through the
> -current mailing list you would have seen why... A lot of the ports, and other
> software have problems with ELF at the moment...

To be fair, 3.0 has now been released, and you can't expect that
everybody who's now thinking of installing to have been reading
-current all this time.

But yes, Karl's right.  You don't want to move to 3.0 as if it will be
a seamless migration.  There's a lot of new stuff in there, and the
ports have only partially been transferred.

Doesn't your 2.2 version of apache-ssl work?

Greg