Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 1997 20:12:06 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        donegan@quick.net (Steven P. Donegan)
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVS

> After upgrading to 3.0-CURRENT yesterday assuming (incorrectly) that SMP
> had been merged into the 3.0-CURRENT dist I am again in need of the CVSup
> code - ftp to freefall refuses to accept anon and the CVS files put in
> place on the standard archive also refuse access. I promise I'll place a
> copy where I can access it so I don't bother folks with this simple
> problem again :-)
>
> If there is a 3.0-CURRENT with integrated SMP please point the way. If
> there is an accessable CVSup.14.whatever tar available somewhere please
> also point the way.

Look on hub.freebsd.org/pub/CVSup (it's the old freefall).

The SMP code is in -CURRENT. Here is a small piece of sys/i386/conf/LINT
=====
# SMP OPTIONS:
#
# SMP enables building of a Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel.
# APIC_IO enables the use of the IO APIC for Symmetric I/O.
# NCPU sets the number of CPUs, defaults to 2.
# NBUS sets the number of busses, defaults to 4.
# NAPIC sets the number of IO APICs on the motherboard, defaults to 1.
# NINTR sets the total number of INTs provided by the motherboard.
=====

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za