Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 09:45:39 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lyris imminent

I asked support@lyris.com about Lyris on FreeBSD (the Linux version is in
beta), saying I had heard that fbsd was more stable for heavy lifing.  The
response, to remain anonymous although I don't think my Deep Throat would
mind being outed:

<quote>

We are using FreeBSD internally for Lyris development, and have been for
about 6 months. We hope to release Lyris for FreeBSD in beta in the next
few weeks. Yes, we find that freeBSD is more stable, and also faster
than Linux.

</quote>

Always comforting to prospects and lurkers to see high quality, commercial
grade, top ranking packages being ported to FreeBSD.  The above comment
from someone so well placed in multi-platform development is golden.

Great hacking, people!

Len < oh, how I wish Allaire would bring Cold Fusion to FreeBSD!
       ( CF/Linux port is announced ) >