Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 1997 00:55:32 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jeroen Hogeveen <jh@ampersand.home.pc>
To:        handy@sag.space.lockheed.com (Brian N. Handy)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gimp/gtk?

Hi Brian,

  > Hey Jeroen,
  >
  > Can you give me a bit more detail on what you're talking about here?  I
  > see that line in the code, and Steve Farrel complained about the error of
  > which you speak, but...I don't know what to do with this! :-/
  >
  > >Also be sure to move the shmctl(x_shm_info->shmid, IPC_RMID, 0) :-)
  > >This causes the XShmAttach failure in gdkimage.c
  >

  > Thank you,
  >

  > Brian

This had already been done for you.. grab the latest GTK+ from the CVS
repository at cvs.gimp.org !

Excerpt from the latest ChangeLog:

Sun Oct 12 11:01:43 1997  Tim Janik  <timj@psynet.net>

 * acconfig.h:
 * configure.in:
 * gdk/gdkimage.c: Added configure check for IPC_RMID_DEFERRED_RELEASE,
   because shmat() fails after a shmctl(..., IPC_RMID,...) for OSF1 V3.2,
   SunOS 4.1.1, 5.5, 5.5.1, 5.6, IRIX 5.2 and 6.2.

(AND FreeBSD ;-)

To get it type
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.gimp.org:/home/cvs login

then just hit enter when it requests a login

then type
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.gimp.org:/home/cvs checkout gtk+

--> this wil put the latest GTK+ source directory in your current directory.

you can do the same for The GIMP:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.gimp.org:/home/cvs checkout gimp

Enjoy!
Jeroen <albast@xs4all.nl>