Date:      Sat, 29 Mar 2003 22:46:57 +0100
From:      hans@lambermont.dyndns.org (Hans Lambermont)
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB->Serial Adapters/4-STABLE

Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Anyone have any recommendations for a USB->serial adapter that works
> with FreeBSD 4-STABLE?

I have mixed experiences with a Prolific Technology PL2303 Serial
adapter: it works great on one machine with a
    Intel 82801CA/CAM (ICH3) USB controller
and crashes (as in spontaneous reboots) my other machine which uses a
    Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller

Both machines ran 4.7-STABLE (I did this test on Sun, 3 Nov 2002) and I
used a full backup of my palm pilot as a test.

(See also my email to -stable on Sun, 3 Nov 2002)

regards,
  Hans Lambermont
--
http://lambermont.webhop.org/   () ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML mail,