Date:      Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:58:51 -0700
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   OT: FrontPage Extensions on Apache

This is a two part problem.  I don't think the parts are related but they
might be so I've included them in the same message.  I've attempted to build
my own Apache web server with my own options.  I've basically followed the
directions at these URLs only substituting for my own preference and local
environment:

http://home.edo.uni-dortmund.de/~chripo/install/apache+frontpage+mod_ssl+php
4+php3.html

http://www.delouw.ch/linux/apache.phtml

However, both of these example show a "Configure Apache" step where the
following is entered on the command line from the directory where the Apache
sources are:

EAPI_MM="/path/to/mm-1.1.3" SSL_BASE="/path/to/openssl-0.9.6" ./configure \
--"then continue with various options"

When I attempted to run such a command, I received an error stating
"EAPI_MM="/path/to/mm-1.1.3: Command not found."  So I understand what the
OS is telling me but then both examples show that I should issued my
configure command in this way.  Can anybody explain this and tell me how I
should really issue my configure command?

Anyway, I continued without the EAPI_MM and SSL_BASE items and configured my
server.  Then I did "make" and "make install", edited my httpd.conf for my
site, and fired up the server.  It works and I can access content.  So at
this point, I think I have successfully compiled and installed an Apache
server with SSL and FP Extensions.  From my server error log:

[Wed Apr  4 07:12:07 2001] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
[Wed Apr  4 07:12:08 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.17 (Unix) FrontPage/4.0.4.3
mod_ssl/2.8.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6 configured -- resuming normal operations

Now I'm use the fpsrvadm.exe utility to install FP Extensions as directed in
step 12 at
http://home.edo.uni-dortmund.de/~chripo/install/apache+frontpage+mod_ssl+php
4+php3.html.  Everything appears to be successful as I don't receive any
errors.  However, when I attempt to connect to the server with my FP 2000
client, I get an error stating that the server extensions are not installed.
Any ideas on this one?

Thanks for your help!

Drew