Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 2003 12:41:45 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Rodney Salomon <rstunna1@yahoo.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: CVSup?

On Thursday 03 April 2003 06:31 am, Rodney Salomon wrote:
> Do you guys use CVSup, or one of the various ways of
> synchronizing your source?  What are the benefits of
> this?

There are two "sources" to synchronize. The first is the OS, which I
wouldn't recommend unless you're tracking -stable. The second is the
ports tree, and it is very useful.

If you track -stable, then you will be getting timely bug and security
fixes. If you stick with -release, then cvsup isn't needed except to
sync the ports tree (which is still a good thing).

David