Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:42:14 +0200
From:      Gordon Bergling <gbe@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Creating ports with utilisation of bsd.prog.mk

--fISa8lsRWjA07zEg

Hi,

I would like to create two ports for software I have ported to FreeBSD.

These two ports are classical 4.4BSD software that ship NetBSD and OpenBSD per default
can could benefit FreeBSD users.

The first one ist bsd-spell [1] and the other one is bsd-vacation [2].

The code it self is straight forward, but I am unsure about the the Makefiles.

In base they compiling just fine, but for a port I am
unsure if the inclusion of bsd.prog.mk is suitable for the port.

Has anyone an advise on this topic. The sources are relativly simple,
and I could rewrite the Makefiles if neccessary.

Any help is very appreciated.

--Gordon

[1] https://github.com/gbergling/bsdspell
[2] https://github.com/gbergling/bsd-vacation/tree/main