Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:52:03 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: reviewers for a free software license

I can't resist.

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 07:36:58PM -0700, Brett Glass wrote:
> Can you write a <100-word license that does all of these things and
> is also incompatible with the GPL? After recent exchanges in several
> forums, it is my opinion that preventing the use of one's code in
> GPLed products is important.

One concern I would have about such a license is that it would appear
to violate the Robinson-Patman Act.  It would make code free to users,
free to developers of non-GPLed software, and expensive or utterly
unattainable to developers of GPLed software.  Brett Glass
specifically states that an effect of his proposed modification would
be to prevent code being used in competing GPLed products.
--
Christopher Masto        Director of Operations      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

    "Good tools allow users to do stupid things." -- Clay Shirky