Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:13:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Dan Kalowsky <dank@deadmime.org>
To:        Matt Rohrer <matt@prognostikos.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lang/php4 & www/mod_php4 --with-iconv

--0-1300870122-1016054001=:16323

Hello Matt (and freebsd-ports),

Well two parts to this actually, and you might be able to help me on one
of them (since I borked the libtool on my FreeBSD box).

The first is a rather silly one, I had some typos I placed into the patch
file I copied to the bug report.  The corrected version should be found
in the CVS 1.10 version of the php4/ext/iconv/php_iconv.h file, but to
make life a little easier you should find it also attached to this email.

There is a second one, which another developer noticed though in the
config script.  Line 30 states:
if test -f $ICONV_DIR/lib/libconv.a <blah blah blah>

The new version states:
if test -f $ICONV_DIR/lib/libiconv.a <blah blah blah>

note the libconv vs libiconv. This is the fix I have yet to try on
FreeBSD, and more importantly if it should be:
if test -f $ICONV_DIR/lib/lib${lib_name}.a <blah blah blah>

If you could test these two scenarios I'll make sure to get them
incorporated into the 4.2 release, making your port maintance a little
easier :)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Matt Rohrer wrote:

> I've been playing with fixing the problem building the php4 ports with
> iconv noted in
> <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/33541>; and in
> <http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=14423>;
>
> The php bug report is marked as fixed in cvs and I've been attempting
> to fix it for our port, which uses php-4.1.2.
>
> Attached are two patches -- one noted in the php bug report
> (patch.iconv) and one to scripts/configure.php as
> (patch.configure.php).
>
> I've been testing it as follows (after applying the
> scripts/configure.php patch):
>
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
> make -DBATCH PHP4_OPTIONS=\\\"XSLT\\\" extract
> cd work/php-4.1.2/ext/iconv/
> patch </home/rohrer/patch.iconv
> cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
> make -DBATCH PHP4_OPTIONS=\\\"XSLT\\\"
>
> (I'm sure there's probably a saner way, but I'm a bit new to the
> internals of ports makefiles.)
>
> The good news is that it doesn't die with the same `` Undefined symbol
> "iconv_module_entry" '', the bad news is that it's dying with another
> error:
>
> Making all in main cc -I. -I/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2/main
> -I/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2/main
> -I/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2
> -I/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2/Zend -I/usr/local/include
> -I/usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2/TSRM -O -pipe
> -I/usr/local/include -c internal_functions.c && touch
> internal_functions.lo internal_functions.c:51: initializer element is
> not constant internal_functions.c:51: (near initialization for
> `php_builtin_extensions[7]') *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php4/work/php-4.1.2/main.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Perhaps someone who knows more C than I can take a look from here? Am
> I going about this in a completely insane way? I'd be happy to run
> more tests if given a little guidance. TIA,
>
> - Matt
>

>---------------------------------------------------------------<
Dan Kalowsky			"The record shows, I took the blows.
http://www.deadmime.org/~dank	 And did it my way."
dank@deadmime.org		 - "My Way", Frank Sinatra

--0-1300870122-1016054001=:16323
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--0-1300870122-1016054001=:16323--