Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 22:22:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        "Sean O'Connell" <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys Network Everywhere 10/100

> What version of FreeBSD are you running?  4.0?

	4.0- Cvsupped just a couple of days ago. :)

> I usually recommend using a mini pcard.conf that has just the entries
> you are going to use (makes debugging things a bit easier since the
> file is shorter).  If you do use a cusome /etc/pccard.conf, you need
> to add
>
> pccard_conf="/etc/pccard.conf"
>
> to /etc/rc.conf.   To get the card to play nice (read be probed as
> ed0), you'll want to change the kernel entry to just
>
> device ed
>
> and rebuild your kernel.

	I had all this.

> Also, there are some issues with 4.0-RELEASE and many of these 10/100
> pcmcia cards in it.  You will probably want to upgrade to a pretty recent
> stable _or_ steal a copy of /sys/dev/ed/if_ed.c from a more recent stable
> and rebuild your kernel.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/ed/if_ed.c?rev=1.173.2.5
>
> is the version that may help.  This could also be an irq issue.  Is
> irq free?

	Probally... I actually traded the card in for a Linksys Etherfast
(the model above the Network Everywhere,) and it installed with no
problems whatsoever. So, I'm up and running now. :) I might go back and
buy the other card again and try to trouble shoot it more. :)

						Rick