Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:23:56 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        "Simon" <simon@optinet.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mylex RAID Card / Dead Drive?

> Does anyone know exactly what this means:
>
> mly0: physical device 0:1  device returned unknown status
> mly0: logical device 0 (da0)  critical
> mly0:  unknown event code - 61
> mly0:  unknown event code - 162
>
> Does this %100 mean I got a dead drive? I'm about to replace
> this drive and get a replacement on it, but want to make sure.

What isn't clear in the above?

The device at bus 0, target 1 returned an unknown status.
Logical device 0 (which is da0) is in critical state
We received two unknown events, 61 and 162.

Does it look any better written in English? 8)

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not