Date:      Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:43:44 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zope 2.6.4 vs 2.7

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 03:58:36PM -0500, Tim Middleton wrote:
>=20
> So Zope 2.6.4 was released simultaneously with Zope 2.7 finally a few day=
s=20
> ago. (I just noticed.)
>=20
> Those theoretical discussions we had here a month or so ago about how bes=
t to=20
> organise the Zope 2.7 style installation are now are not so theoretical.
>=20
> But still one wonders... since both of these versions are released at onc=
e,=20
> should FreeBSD support a seperate Zope 2.7 port, while maintaining 2.6.x?=
=20
>=20
> Personally, I'd like to forget anything before 2.7 existed as quickly as=
=20
> possible. (-: And I see Zope.org just offers 2.7 for download by default =
now=20
> on the download page.=20
>
> Hopefully someone's working on the 2.7 port already? How's it coming?

I have an working zope2.7 port. The Problem is the 2.6.x and 2.7 have totaly
different directory structures, so an easy upgrade from 2.6.x to 2.7 isn't=
=20
posibel. We should move the zope2.6 port to www/zope-old and bring www/zope
to 2.7=20

bye=20
	Estartu

P.S. The port i=B4ve created is attached to this mail

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Tel: 08232 77 36 4 | Dienst: schmidt@ze.tu-muenchen.de  |    on request
Fax: 08232 77 36 3 |                                    |

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX

--IiVenqGWf+H9Y6IX--