Date:      Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:20:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Alan McKay" <amckay@istop.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Setting up Vhosting on Dynamic IP

> The IPFW settings had to do with setting up the interface variables in
> the firewall rule script. In mine the outside interface is "tun0"
> {oif}. Real important is to make sure the PPP is set to be initiated
> prior to the natd stuff in rc.conf. The "tun0" setting must be running
> (exist) first for natd to see it properly.

That's not rc.conf, though is it?  That's just config variables and
the order in which they appear does not matter.  What matters is
who reads the file first (to the best of my understanding the file
gets red quite a few times during bootup, but many different scripts,
all of which ignore everything but the stuff they are interested in)

cheers,
-Alan