Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:02:28 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/obj entries not made for these source directories:

On Sat, Mar 14, 1998 at 07:52:00PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> >/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/ld/rtld
> >/usr/src/lib/libcrypt
> >/usr/src/usr.bin/make

> ld.so is rtld.  Perhaps the normal rtld object directory was created after
> rtld was built in the wrong place, leaving nothing to install from the
> right place.  Why doesn't the old rtld work?

It probably works just fine, it just caused 'make installworld' go blow up.  I
rm -rf'ed /usr/src, and /usr/obj, and rechecked out the sources, and I noticed
the same thing happening (in the same directories, except the make directory,
that may have been there from a while ago).  I'm not sure how to fix it, but I
did go into those directories, and manually did the appropriate steps, which
fixed the problems it was having at install time.

Here is another interesting problem though:

===> bin/sh
--- realinstall ---
--- maninstall ---
--- realinstall ---
install -c -s -o bin -g bin -m 555   sh /bin
--- maninstall ---
Could not execute shell
*** Error code 1
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error
*** Error code 2
1 error

Interesting that it 'could not execute shell' while? it was installing it.
'make installworld' again (without the '-j4' flag) went flawlessly.

--
Zach Heilig -- zach@gaffaneys.com
Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use