Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 1995 09:17:33 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        A.Cartelli@agora.stm.it
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com (user alias)
Subject:   Re: Ask for help to FreeBSD team.

> I did not succeed in finding a CD-Rom drive Mitsumi with its controller.
> I've a PC 486DX2 based with 16 Mbytes of ram and bus vesa; i've just

mcd0 io 0x300 irq 10 are the defaults. You can boot the kernel with
option -c at the Boot: prompt and change the addresses accordingly
if you have your board on non standard addresses.

> arrived at the installation of the Operating System.
> Do you think that I can use a SCSI controller (Adaptec 154x series) and a
> CD-Rom SCSI for the installation and use?

If it is a supported CDROM drive, yes.

> Thank you for the help.

FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #0: Fri Feb 17
18:32:16  1995     root@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUES  i386