Date:      Mon, 09 Jan 95 01:58:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      jeremy.lemley@paonline.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FATAL ERROR.. :(

Hi..

I'm using a 486dlc40 with a brand stinking new (Just got it Saturday) Western
Digital 540 meg HDD...  When I installed the drive, I made the primary
partition about 330 megs, leaving about 110 for BSD, Linux, whatever crossed my
path..  Well, I fdisked that extra space into an extended partition..  Well, I
booted with my BSD floppy, and got everything set up to use the extended
partition...  (Didn't have to play too much with fdisk, since it's still drive
0, just a diff slice)...  I still am not sure about the DiskLabeling type dealy
(the FBSD slice is how much total I can use for the others????), but I got the
/, /usr, and swap assigned...  Ok!  Proceed!!

HDD says: "CRUNCH!!!!  CRUNCH!!!!" (Sounds like it got a hold of some ice and
was chewing on it). Then I got this error:
exec(/stand/newfs) failed   code=9216

Can you help me?!  :)  Thanks!!!

                 jeremy.lemley@paonline.com
                      soon: kilroy@jarave.paonline.com