Date:      Sat, 8 Nov 1997 04:39:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Teletext decoding with the Hauppauge...

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Care to check out the bt849 or the bt848a I think one of those chipsets
> is supposed to have have teletext hardware support above from what
> the bt848 is offering.
>
> The latest Bt848 databook available thru
> http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html

This sounds good - the introduction says that the 849A adds WST
(World System Teletext) to the other features in the 848A.
Unfortunately, the rest of the databook doesn't give any detail
about this support, in fact I can't find anything about differences
between the 848A and 849A anywhere other than the introduction
(there's lots of info about differences between the original 848
 and the 848A/849A, but not between 848A and 849A).

Maybe there is a later edition of the databook?