Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:17:49 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dan Rue <drue@therub.org>
Subject:   Re: ports-collection borked?

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 01:00 pm, Dan Rue wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 12:47:29PM -0700, 3BSD wrote:
> > On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:57:25 +0200 (CEST), Svein Halvor Halvorsen
> >
> > <svein-freebsd-questions@theloosingend.net> wrote:
> > > When rebuilding the index after cvsup-ing the ports collection I
> > > get lots and lots of these lines:
> > >
> > > /usr/ports/INDEX-5:11379:Port info line must consist of 10
> > > fields.
> > >
> > > This from a 15 min old port collection. The same happened earlier
> > > today (which is why I retried just now). Is this a local problem,
> > > or is the collection borken. Is there anything I could do
> > > locally?
> >
> > I did a cvsup after I read your e-mail just now and it finished
> > updating successfully, so its a problem on your end, unfortunately,
> > I can't help you with the problem since I've never had to encounter
> > one like it before. Sorry, hope I was of more help.
>
> I can confirm the problem cvsup'd this morning and can't portsdb -Uu
> without getting all those 10 fields lines..
>
> 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3, fwiw

My mirror updates on the odd hours + 30. It takes a while to build a
make index on 5-current and make index worked.

I saw the 10 field messages for a short time yesterday but don't
remember if it was for  the index build or the INDEX.db build. It was
in an off hour cron job where I saw them and so they weren't logged. I
haven't seen them since but I also switched to using portindex because
I can create an INDEX[-5] in less than a minute. The first time
portindex is run, it fills a database and it is very fast the next
time.

Do you have any options in your /etc/make.conf to specify any features?

Kris is on vaction and the fetchindex option has been turned off.
Something crashed and he didn't have time to fix it.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA