Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:21:19 -0500
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>, Masaya Kinoshita <mkino@po.iijnet.or.jp>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a perceived need for a 2.1.8 release?

>On Sun, 20 Apr 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>
>->> Actually, I'm inclined to agree. If Walnut Creek doesn't wan't additional
>->> inventory, why not scrap the live filesystem on disk 2 and deliver 2.1.x
>->> instead?
>->
>->What if I put it on disk #2 of the SNAPshot CDs?  They're cheaper to

Again, let me suggest that a periodic release set which has the archive of
all the presently supported versions would be easier to sell to management.

It is similar to the monthly developer CD's that I get from some major vendors.
However, to help retail sales, they should hype the latest release which is
included.

I feel that it is important for there to be a structured program which
provides on CD
a definitive archive of all the source which "belongs" in each active
released system.

I do not feel that it is appropriate to mix this archive with the extremely
transient
material which makes up a "SNAP".