Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 2015 03:46:41 +0000
From:      Jamie Landeg-Jones <jamie@dyslexicfish.net>
To:        rodrigc@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Devops question: unattended installs of FreeBSD?

Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I had a devops person who is familiar with setting up hundreds of
> Linux nodes in cloud environment ask me what is the best way
> to do unattended installs in a cloud environment.
> Linux has kickstart installs, which are quite useful and popular.
>
> What is the equivalent in FreeBSD?

vultr.com has an option to automatically install a freebsd instance
(it's an automated install, not simply a binary image etc.)

You can even vnc to the console and watch it progress.

Though I'm not sure if the free trial requires credit card authoration -
they are trying to make sure they aren't exploited by spammers etc.

cheers,
Jamie