Date:      05 Nov 1999 00:40:38 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Writing to Tape.

Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net> writes:

> I havent use uucp in ages - the one with freebsd has a nasty bug in it
> (there is some kind of pointer slippage, where on a restore, chunks of the
> ends of some files end up the beginning bytes of others)

AFAIK, uucp does not `restore' files.  It's used for sending mail, for
transferring news batches, as a deprecated replacement of ftp, for a
zillion of things, but not for writing to and/or reading from tapes.
You probably mean something else, but I am curious to hear more about
the nasty bug.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
"What we have to learn to do, we learn by doing." [Aristotle]