Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:04:51 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        David Bauer <bauer@genprofile.com>
Subject:   Re: Netgear FA410TX - ed0: device timeout?

:- If the card works under Win95, try using the same address/irq in the
:- FreeBSD configuration as the card uses under Win95.

Interestingly enough, I was suffering from the same problem with an
older FA410TX card that *was* working fine with 228PAO until
I decided to upgrade to 40REL.  The above advice worked for me,
with the settings:

  io 0x120-0x13f
  config 0x20 "ed0" 11

This card has exactly *one* config tuple (the 0x20 one).  Also, I'm using
the latest version of if_ed.c in the releng_4 branch, but I have no idea
if that helps or hinders.

:-But the error looks more like the autonegotiation not working
:-correctly.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that will cause the "ed0: device timeout"
thing.  That message happens when the card isn't interrupting correctly.