Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 18:41:20 +0100
From:      James Mansion <james@westongold.com>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: maptable of SuperMicro P6DNH

I would have thought that you'd need to make sure that the SMP enabled
kernel is running by default for the 3.x-release which makes it a
production reality, or there will be issues relating to just what the
'stable' FBSD is.

Given that the 'cost' of having SMP code in place should be low (and
could be optimised further for the special case where the number of
active CPUs is 1) is there a reason not to complete the integration to
the point where there is no ifdef difference between SMP and UP source
code?

Is it just 'not done yet'?

James

--