Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:51:22 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 a severe disappointment

In message <200003230234.SAA04020@kithrup.com> Sean Eric Fagan writes:
: 		IRQs:  IOCK 1 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 14

These are just a hint to the bios...

: I am, once again, trying irq 11, and "-i 11" for pccardd. (I've now rebooted,
: because, unlike 2.2.8, pccardd won't recognize my removing the card from the
: machine.)  No go;it's now stalled in exactly the same place on an 'scp -r'.
: (That, incidently, makes me wonder if it's an IRQ problem, or something else.
: I can log into it over the net, ping it, ping _out_ from it, and it still
: lives.  But for getting my data back over, the machine is dead.  No, actually,
: if I kill it and start it again, it goes further.  But then still dies.)

Does 2.2.8 report the resources that it used for the pcic management
irq and the pccard irq?  The defaults are sufficiently vague and this
is a highly tweakable area, in need of vast improvement if you ask me,
so it may be you lost information needed to make your machine run.

Warner