Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:41:00 -0800
From:      Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ALS4000

Hi All,
(sorry for the xpost)

Since I haven't had any help with getting my Intel 82801BA (ICH2) sound
to work properly (plays 20% too fast) I went out and bought an ASound
Express 32bit PnP sound card (based on the ALS4000 chipset) and dropped
that in.  I added "device sbc" and "device pcm" to my kernel conf.

I also upgraded my kernel to 4.4-RELEASE

However after getting it hooked up it has TERRIBLE hissing and clipping,
even with all levels gain etc turned down.  I tried with/without the
CD line in cable and even moved slots to no avail.  At least it plays
at the right speed, though!!

> cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov 21 2001 10:02:21
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Avance Logic ALS4000> at io 0xdc00 irq 11 (1p/1r/0v channels duplex)

Can anyone help??  This is getting _really_ frustrating.

Thanks,
Skye

--
Clarity of thought should be accompanied by clarity of technique - Mondriaan
ffwd internet division -  www.ffwd.cx