Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 13:20:12 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Oleg Ogurok <oleg@ogurok.com>
Cc:        Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.0 release

Oleg Ogurok wrote:

> >          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > it smells like it will be able to run on 4Mb of RAM.
> > is that correct ?
> >
> I am not sure about this, but it will definetely smell (stink) on 4mb ;)
> People, RAM doesn't cost big $$$ anymore ;-)

I had to laugh at this because I was trying to come up with a polite
response and stink is a funny way to describe the poor performance
such a system will have. I figure the apparent speed of the ram will
be 10 millisecond because my HD's have a 10ms average access time.

You haven't priced ram since the Taiwan earthquake. The 128MB I have
in a couple of my systems went from $90 US to $324 US.

Cheers,

Kent

> -Oleg.

Kent Stewart