Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:22:23 +0200
From:      Wim Livens <wim@livens.net>
To:        Mark Bojara <mark@mics.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ssh bandwidth priority

Op ma  21 apr, 2003 om 09:56:33pm +0200, schreef Mark Bojara:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to somehow set up so that SSH takes priority over all other
> packets.. I have tried this with ipfw weights but it does not seem to be
> working could somebody give me a example on how i would do this?

There are probably better ways but I do this by sending all other
traffic through a dummynet pipe which has a bit less bw than my link.
As such the remaining bw is reserved for ssh.

Something like this works for me to reserve some BW for ssh of my
limited 128kbps upstream ADSL:

ipfw pipe 1 config bw 104Kbit/s 8
ipfw add pipe 1 tcp from any to any 80 keep-state
ipfw add allow tcp from any to any 22 keep-state

Hth,

Wim.