Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 1995 21:11:17 GMT
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        jleppek@suw2k.ess.harris.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP and dynamic IPs drifting a little

    James> Well, I tried to ping those to confirm they are never in
    James> use and I got an answer! Then I tried 192.168.1.2 and it
    James> answered!!

Aye.  Apparantly, it's only reachable from certain paths on the net.
Some routers recognize the reserved addresses and won't route through.

I wonder what it is ...

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

TASK: Go the the store.  In Macintosh System 7: You get in the car to
go to the store, and the car drives you to church.