Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 09:25:09 -0500
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
To:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@cris.crimea.ua>
Cc:        Nicola Vitale <nivit@libero.it>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG, sheldonh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: undocumented mdoc [was: Question about mdoc formatting]

On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 05:12:26PM +0300, Alexey Zelkin wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 08:45:47AM -0500, Mike Pritchard wrote:
>
> > Ooooh....this is only somewhat documented (it is in mdoc.samples, but
> > not mdoc(7)  (Sheldon, wanna tackle this one?  If not, I will).
>
> And .Em and other font manipulation macros. :)

.Em is documented in both.  Do you know of others?  Please let me know.

Actually, we seem to keep finding inconsistencies between mdoc(7)
and mdoc.samples(7).  We probably need to do an extensive review and
comparison of both documents to see what is missing from one or
the other.

> > I've never actually seen those macros used anywhere, so I'm not
> > sure if they work :-(.
>
> If they're not working, then they *should* be fixed.

Absolutely!  And now that I finally have a printed set of original troff
documents again, I'll start looking at these kinds of things again :-)

-Mike
--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mppsystems.com