Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 02:19:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        jeffh@cybernetics.net (Jeff Hoffman)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.0R, floppy problem

As Jeff Hoffman wrote:

> nexus# mount_msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt
> fd0c: hard error reading fsbn 0 (ST0 40<abnrml>  ST1 1<no_am>  ST2 0 cyl
> 0 hd 0 sec 1)
> mount_msdos: mount: Input/output error
> nexus#
> does anyone have any idea what is wrong?  I re-made my kernel from the
> srcdist and the whole 9 yards, yet nothing seems to fix the problem.  Is
> there any hope?

>From the 2.0 srcdist?  Well, so you've finally trashed the (newer)
kernel from the newer boot floppies again.  The 2.0 kernel is known to
have problems with (at least) NEC 72065B controllers.

You need to build the kernel from recent sources.  Best would be
installing a recent SNAP release.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/