Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 13:22:47 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Christopher G. Petrilli" <petrilli@dworkin.amber.org>, "Gentry A. Bieker" <gbieker@crown.NET>, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is there no info on the QPOPPER hack?

> It might save your butt.
>
> But who said anything about "randomly?" The aforementioned Windows apps
> do let you upgrade when you want to, and let you roll back.
>
> --Brett

Which Windows apps allow you to roll upgrades back?

Also, you said 'automatically' in your original email, and now you're
changing your tune to 'when you want to'.re to automaticly upgrade for you,
> do you?
> >>
> >> That's a darn good idea. Several Windows apps do this already. Why not
> >> the FreeBSD ports?

In any case, our ports allow you to upgrade when you want to as well,
and roll back as well, and don't require any sort of work on behalf of
the application writer, unlike the Windows software. :)

Upgrade:
--------
# cd /usr/ports/mail/popper
# make clean && make && make install