Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:11:17 +0530
From:      Bhasker Hariharan <bhasker@yahoo-inc.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Nautilus crashes in 2.16.3

Hi,

Yesterday i upgraded to the marcuscom version of gnome but now nautilus crashes
as soon as it loads. The error i get are

(nautilus:5852): Liboobs-WARNING **: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory
process 5852: arguments to dbus_connection_add_filter() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4954.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a backtrace

** (bug-buddy:5900): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon for Bonobo Component Browser

** (bug-buddy:5900): WARNING **: Couldn't load icon for Open Folder

warning: Unable to get location for thread creation breakpoint: generic error
LibGTop-Server: pid 6170 received eof.

Any ideas on what maybe causing this to happen. I have tried rebuilding it etc etc nothing
really seems to work..and i am not very familiar with gnome internals and what dbus does etc
beyond some very basic understanding...

Which lead me to try killing dbus to restart it from an X-session;) and as a result gnome
died too:) so like i know now that killing dbus is a bad idea:)

--
Bhasker Hariharan