Date:      Thu, 23 Jul 1998 10:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading over the net.....

> Have a loot at /usr/share/examples/cvsup/README. For a full upgrade you
> need the stable-supfile and the secure-stable-supfile; edit them to your
> needs and call cvsup.

Thanks, I did look there and the example scripts are exactly what I wanted...a
few tweaks and I am ready to rock!

> After that, call "make world" in /usr/src and build your kernel with the
> new sources -- don't forget to "config" first, but *after* the "make
> world". Install the kernel. Reboot.

Just as a little test, I cvsuped the new ports collection.....worked like a
charm...thanks for pointing me to the example scripts.

William Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>
--> FreeBSD 2.2.6 <--