Date:      Thu, 24 May 2012 21:21:49 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sevan / Venture37 <venture37@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel builds failing with lots of "failed to retrieve array bounds" errors

On 2012-05-24 19:13, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> I'm unable to build the generic kernel, seeing lots of "failed to
> retrieve array bounds" errors (129 to be exact) starting with ERROR:
> scsi_all.c: die 43574: failed to retrieve array bounds & stoping at

I've seen these too, and it seems clang produces debug info which
ctfconvert can't handle, for some reason.  However, in my case, the
kernel build doesn't abort at all, it continues and all the object files
seem to work just fine.

I don't know much much about the dtrace/ctfconvert stuff though, so I
will have to ask somebody else to step up to investigate, and hopefully
fix it. :)

> Userland was built & installed earlier this morning WITH_CLANG_IS_CC
> defined in src.conf, and the make.conf is as follows
> STRIP=
> CFLAGS+=-fno-omit-frame-pointer

Ah, I think that it works for me, because I don't define STRIP to empty.
Just as an experiment, can you try commenting that setting, and do a
clean build of your kernel?