Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:55:36 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        "stable@freebsd.org" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Some new hardware with 9.1 does not reboot easily

Hoi,

I'm building some new hardware for a customer, and given that 9.1 is
about to be around the corner, I installed 9.1-stable.

svn from last night....

Trouble is that a reboot takes for ever...
Same with shutdown -r now...

What happens is:
	services get killed
	we end with all buffers synced.

Then the systems is idle for like 30 secs (or more)

And then after a while I go CTRL-ALT-DEL to see what happens.....
Which gets me:

	shared obj libpcre.so.1 not found, required by postfix
	Writing entropy file
	Terminated.
	Init some proccess would not die; ps axl advised

And the I get the std shutdown kernel messages again, but then with
time-outs.
Waiting (max 60 sec) for system process 'vnlru' to stop ... timed out
Waiting (max 60 sec) for system process 'bufdeamon' to stop ... timed out
Waiting (max 60 sec) for system process 'syncer' to stop ... timed out

And then it reboots....

Now why is that?
Rebooting it on the 9.0-RELEASE memory stick seems to work just fine.

Thanx,
--WjW

The hardware:
Supermicro motherboard: X9SRi-3F
	(Sandy bridge)
AMI bios 1.0a
E5-1260 XEON
64Gb EEC memory
LSI diskcontroller
mps0@pci0:8:0:0:        class=0x010700 card=0x30201000 chip=0x00721000
rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'LSI Logic / Symbios Logic'
    device     = 'SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon]'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = SAS

4* Seagata ATA  (2 on LSI, 2 on motherboard)
4* Seagate SAS	(ALL on LSI)
2* Intel SSD	(connected to ATA on motherboard)

The system is completely ZFS, with a 4-way mirror on the ATA seagates as
zfsboot