Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:17:02 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail Upgrade

Scott Reber wrote:

> The sendmail port has recently been updated to Sendmail 8.11.2.  It appears
> that SASL can be compiled in with a new build option:
> SENDMAIL_WITH_SASL.  This might be the best? (easiest??) way.

It will build just fine,
keeping all FreeBSD extensions.

$ cd /usr/ports/mail/sendmail
$ make SENDMAIL_WITH_SASL=yes

Sendmail will run with your old configuration,
but to use the new fatures, you must rebuild it with
the new macros.

$ less /usr/local/share/sendmail/cf/README

And to build your new configuration with SMTP AUTH look into:
$ less /usr/local/share/doc/SASL/Sendmail.README

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- Tel. +49-5606-6512
- Tel. +49-177-6923813