Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 08:59:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dru <genisis@istar.ca>
To:        Brent <brentb@loa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw and games

The best site I've come across for getting port numbers etc. for various
games is at:

http://www.tsmservices.com/masq/catlist.php3?Games

This site concentrates on Linux masquerading, but port numbers are port
numbers :)

Looks like the upshot for what you want is this:

allow both TCP and UDP port 27910 for the IP address of your Quake 2 Server

allow UDP port 27960 for the IP address of your Quake 3 Server

don't forget to specifically block all traffic from ID's corporate network
at 192.146.40.0/24 to help prevent back doors from bored kiddiez.

If that doesn't do it, post the rules you've tried.

HTH,

Dru