Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:47:08 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: install probs with sony vaio R505-JSK

On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 09:56 -0700, Bill Swingle wrote:

> That was the fix I was looking for. Thanks! Now to figure out why I can
> boot from the cdrom but after booting, FreeBSD doesnt see it...

It might be unrelated, but just out of curiousity:  the gentoo FAQ
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/faq.html) has an entry "I have a Sony
Super-Slim VAIO laptop, and the Gentoo Linux CD is having problems
finding my PCMCIA ATAPI CD-ROM." in the "2. Installation" section.
Who knows how to translate the LILO / Linux kernel centric answer
to FreeBSD speak?  This could be of help for some -mobile readers.

BTW could gentoo's "portages" system be of interest for *BSD users,
too.  This project doesn't look at all like the usual bloatware
desktop clicky Linux distro does but assumes an adult admin / user
instead. :)  It thinks to be attractive for Debian, "Linux from
scratch" and *BSD users ...

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net