Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:39:00 -0600 (CST)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A few questions

I just upgraded a 4.7-STABLE box to current over the weekend.  Went off
very well, thanks to the great documentation in UPDATING.

It's odd, though, that after upgrading again just a few days later,
suddenly X (or perhaps just xdm) failed to start due to an unresolved
symbol.  I had already upgraded X, as well as many other ports, after
upgrading to -current, btw.

It seems very peculiar that a cvsup just a few days apart from the previous
one would require X to be rebuilt.

On another note, can someone clue me in as to why I'm getting all these
"duplicate script" errors when building both ports and world?  I've looked
high and low and can't find the reason for this.  Seems harmless enough,
but it *is* just slightly annoying.

And finally, is there a simple way to ensure that none of the debugging
code (including INVARIANTS stuff) is included during a buildworld?
It would be nice if there were a simple switch or environment variable to
control this.

Please forgive if this is all old stuff; I'm new with -current, and I have
made a real effort to find the answers to this stuff myself.

Thanks.

--
Conrad Sabatier <conrads@cox.net>

One Page Principle:
        A specification that will not fit on one page of 8.5x11 inch
paper cannot be understood.
                -- Mark Ardis