Date:      Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:56:08 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   Large system backups; recommendations for devices & strategies?

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: hackers@freebsd.org
reply-to: hackers@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 19:56:08 -0800
From: Mike Smith <mike@dingo.cdrom.com>

(Please pardon the crosspost to -isp; I'm looking for comments from
 people with experience administering backup strategies for largish
 networks, and I suspect some of you lurk there.)

I'm looking for recommendations for both backup devices and backup
strategies for a network of about six systems and perhaps 50GB of
data.  Ultimately, I'd like something that can run more or less
unattended, modulo media changes, etc.  (ie. I expect using Amanda or
similar.)

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that's been involved in
setting up and/or operating such a backup system, as well as perhaps
being interested in doing something similar for the FreeBSD project.

- --

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy